For those who haven't picked up SGN's F.A.S.T. game, the company has converted the game into a "freemium" game alongside a major update. The update brings the following features to the game, but also restructures the content behind a core free version.
- Fly tons of new missions to earn money and increase your rank to General with the new DefCon Map Campaigns!
- Form squadrons with your friends, compare your squadron to others with the Top Squadrons feature.
- Fly escort missions, bombing runs and defend territory against enemy forces.
- Buy new gear, including the BFM-2000 Missiles from the in-game market.
- Two new planes have been added, including a massive strategic bomber.
- Increased performance in multiplayer competitions.
- Adjusted campaign difficulty for an improved user experience.
The conversion from $0.99 game to Free game has caused some confusion for existing customers regarding the paid content. Forum member shawnlopiccolo explains:
If you purchased the game at any point (when it was NOT free), you will NOT have to pay for any of the feature unlocks.
The feature unlocks that are currently in the FREE version of the game cost a total of $0.99 cents, which is the same price the game used to cost prior to the update. (does not include content purchases, those are different from feature purchases)
So, if you have purchased FAST before the Free update, you will automatically have access to ALL features without having to buy an upgrade. If you downloaded FAST recently for FREE, you must pay $0.99 for those features.
So, existing customers have the same features they have always had, while new customers who download F.A.S.T. for free must pay $0.99 to unlock those features. There seem to be some issues with the content upgrades for now as Apple is still approving some of the updates, so your success with in-app purchases may vary in the short term.
App Store Link: F.A.S.T., Free