Gameloft has provided screenshots of its upcoming iPhone sports title Derek Jeter Real Baseball, along with an indication that the game will be available in the App Store very shortly.
Details of the forthcoming title, as listed by the studio.
- Best graphics of any baseball simulation on the App Store with all 3D players and stadiums
- Lifelike animations when batting, pitching or catching and also features an innovative gauge to use for batting so swings can be even more accurate and powerful
- iTunes Music Library access
- Delivers intense realism thanks to audio commentary, sound effects and spectator reactions to your plays
Celebrating the release of the game, Gameloft is running a video contest where the top 10 winners can take home (depending upon ranking) an iPod touch, an official MLB jersey, or an official MLB cap. Β All 10 winners will be featured in Derek Jeter Real Baseball as players in a special team.
The rules of the contest are explained in this video, and are as follows:
- Print the official target of the contest
- Record a video showing a spectacular and accurate pitch at the target
- Upload the video on the contest website
- Users can then vote for their favorite videos.
The contest, which is limited to the US and Canada, began Friday, October 2nd and runs until November 15th.
See a bit of the upcoming game in action in the following gameplay video.