With the number of games that we preview here at TouchArcade, it's natural for people to wonder about the status about some of the upcoming games we've covered in the past. Unfortunately, Apple's approval process remains unpredictable, leading to longer wait times than expected.
Here are a few updates on games and updates we've hinted at before.
- Doom Classic - Likely the game that we've received the most inquiries about. We contacted John Carmack about it, and he said that he has a couple of days work remaining and that he's planning going to finish it up this month. So, not yet submitted, but hopefully coming soon.
- Minigore [$0.99] - The long awaited Minigore content update has been rejected by Apple. Sadly, this means those waiting for the next Minigore update are going to have to wait an entire approval cycle again, though it seems the developers are planning on folding in additional updates to the new submission.
- Underworlds [$2.99] - Chapter 2 remains in development, and aside from all new content, the game has seen some extensive interface changes that look like they'll address any issues people may have had with it.
- Aera - The much anticipated 2.5D propeller-powered flight simulator has been submitted to Apple. New screenshots have been posted along with the original trailer.
- Duke Nuke'em [$2.99] - The update that addresses the issues with the analog control system was submitted to Apple August 13th but remains in approval limbo.