IUGO released their long awaited turn-based trajectory game Star Hogs into the App Store this morning. Star Hogs [Lite, $4.99] is a Worms-like trajectory game in which you take turns firing weapons at your opponent or moving along the play field. The full version of the game also offers online multiplayer over Wi-Fi, 3G or EDGE networks.
Each game turn is limited by a certain amount of "energy" which can be used for firing or moving. Additional energy or money for upgrades can be earned through finding "ore" scattered in the play field. Firing is performed using a familiar tap-aiming while power is determined by how long you hold the fire button. About 20 different weapons are said to be available with the initial release, including bombs, cluster bombs, lasers, and mines.
- 32 single player levels for hours of gamplay
- Unlimited online multiplayer over WiFi/3G/Edge
- Loads of weapons and customization options
- Global online leaderboards with player rankings
- 3 game play modes: Freeplay, Campaign and Multiplayer (Online) mode
We were impressed with the game when we saw it at WWDC, but we'll post full impressions later on today. However, with a free lite version available to try, you may as well give it a go yourself in the meanwhile.