iPhone developer ARCTAN has released iLodeRunner [App Store] for the iPhone and iPod touch, a remake of the 1983 Brøderbund classic platformer Lode Runner that's virtually identical to the Apple II original.
Features listed by the developer:
- Graphics, sound and gameplay virtually identical to the original 1983 version.
- All 150 levels from the original LodeRunner!
- Two control modes:
- Accelerometer: Tilt to move, tap to dig.
- Touch: Tap to move, swipe to dig.
- Extra features include level select, high scores, and game speed control.
- Level editor coming soon!
And while retro fans may enjoy the title, it seems unlikely that this is an officially licensed release. Official Lode Runner remakes have recently appeared on the classic iPod (from Hudson) and on the Xbox Live Arcade (from Tozai / SouthEnd). If it is indeed not an official release, ARCTAN's version will shortly be pulled from the App Store due to requests from stakeholders.
App Store Link: iLodeRunner, $3.99