Glu Mobile's (foot) racing / acrobatic game Cops and Robbers [App Store], has gone live in the App Store.
Cops and Robbers involves running through a series of city levels that have a Crash Bandicoot feel and involve parkour-like moves, while collecting diamonds to pay the landlord.
Features listed by the developer:
- Run and rob your way through a beautiful city filled with back alleys, high rise rooftops, and other dangerous environments
- Complete 9 unique levels, each with 3 challenges: Grab all the loot, Steal the diamond, Evade the cops before time runs out!
- Find the most direct path to escape the cops by pulling off well-timed acrobatic running moves
- After you beat each level play as the policeman and try to catch the ghost of your former criminal self.
- Change the appearance of the playable male and female robbers.
- Steal the diamond by cracking the safe in a lock-picking mini-game.
We spent some time with the game at GDC 2009 and found it to be a rather solid looking title and were impressed by its unique role-switching ghost mechanic (mentioned above).
See our video of a development build of the game in action. (Due to the loud ambient noise, we simply muted the audio. The game, of course, has appropriate sound effects.)
We'll post a closer look at Cops and Robbers, shortly.Β Stay tuned.
App Store Link: Cops and Robbers, $2.99