When we met with Com2US at GDC, they showed us a few of the projects they had been working on. One called Baseball Slugger: Home Run Race 3D is almost ready for release.
The game is a homerun derby type game with the ability to customize characters and equipment. The batting itself is controlled in part by the iPhone's accelerometer allowing players to line up the baseball bat to strike the ball. The game provides online matchups, character customization and 3D effects.
- Four different play modes: Matchup, Arcade, Training, and Classic modes
- Head-to-head online match-ups with friends and rivals
- Seven item balls with different traits and benefits
- Player customization including body, look ,and baseball equipment
- Social networking
- Virtual item store (expected to be available this June when Apple opens SDK 3.0 )
The game should be arriving in May.