Com2uS has released their first of two planned baseball games this weekend with 9 Innings: Pro Baseball 2009 [$4.99].
The $4.99 game offers baseball fans another gaming option on the iPhone. Features include:
- Season mode: Select from 8 teams and play 126games to win the season. If playing 126 games is too much, then skip some games with auto-play.
- Tournament mode: If you are more intrigued with tournaments like the world baseball classics, then play tournament mode. It gets tougher and tougher as you make your way into victory.
- Exhibition mode: Have a few games and feel what 9 Innings of pro baseball 2009 is all about.
- Manager: you can pick from 8 managers and upgrade them.
- Homerun derby mode: Try hitting as many homeruns as possible in this homerun derby mode.
Com2uS is also planning a more casual baseball gaming experience with a game called Baseball Slugger that should also be arriving in the near future. That title will focus on batting alone in a homerun derby type game with the ability to customize characters and equipment.
A gameplay video for 9 Innings is provided by the developer here:
First impressions are being recorded in a discussion thread which has been generally positive. There have naturally been comparisons made with Gamevil's Baseball Superstars game which has recently seen a 2.0 version update. [App Store]
App Store Link: 9 Innings: Pro Baseball 2009, $4.99