- iPhone 3.0: 1000 new APIs. New In-App purchases with support for Subscriptions, Additional Levels (ex. games), New Content (ex. ebooks)
- In-App purchases also use iTunes accounts. 70% to developer. 30% to Apple. Restricted to paid apps only. Free apps remain free.
- Peer-to-Peer connectivity. Automatic discovery over bluetooth. good for games and other apps. (send business cards, playing backgammon)
- SDK support for hardware accessories via dock. Examples: FM Transmitter with radio app to tune. Also Blood Pressure cuff with app.
- A slide shows lots of new APIs: "in game voice", "in app email", "proximity sensor", "iPod library access", "text selection".
- EA The Sims with in-game items for $0.99 each. Playing in-game stereo plays music from your library.
We'll provide more comprehensive coverage after the event is complete. Live coverage can be found at Gizmodo.