Mobile developer C2Matrix announced that they have submitted their Hotfield shoot'em up to the App Store. The $2.99 game offers a long list of interesting features, including the use of "bullet time" (slow motion):
- 3 type of ships with 4 level major fire.
- 6 stages, 6 mega bosses, 5 game modes.
- "bullet-time", "Fury state", amazing and addictive gameplay system.
- Boss mode for fight with bosses.
- Load/Save game.
- Online top 10, one click to sync your scores to global server.
- Record your playing for replay later.
- Textured and huge 3d live elements, 3D layers.
- Plenty of blended sprites.
- Vibration support.
- Original background music and sound effect, volumn adjustable.
- Support portrait and landscape display mode.
We first saw the use of "bullet time" on the iPhone in Yose Widjaja's Space Ninja which allowed you to slow the onscreen action in order to dodge enemy fire with increased accuracy. The system worked remarkably well for that title, and we've been interested in seeing it implemented in a true shooter.
Double-tapping on the screen will reportedly allow you to enter this slow-motion bullet-time mode. We're anxious to see this in action.
The developer provided us with this gameplay video which we've posted on YouTube.
The developer has also been active in our discussion forums answering questions about some obvious comparisons with the just released Sky Force Reloaded. The above video shows a seemingly well implemented game with a robust load/save game system. Unfortunately, bullet time is not highlighted and the video seems to focus on the Boss fights.
We'll definitely take a look at this title when it's released in the coming week.