Despite the flood of Tower Defense games into the App Store, it seems developers can continue to bring something different to the App Store with each incarnation. Sentinel is a well polished Tower Defense with nice graphics and animations that help complement the gameplay. The video shows off the game's style:
The game changes up gameplay a bit by requiring you to defend the walls/barriers from destruction rather than preventing a set number of creeps from crossing the map. Like many of the other Tower Defense games in the App Store, you are provided with set paths along which the creeps traverse. The game comes with 3 maps and 4 difficulty levels. Other features listed include:
- Tactical and unique gameplay which takes tower defense to the next level.
- Use the landscape and destroyable defenses to maximize the effectiveness of your weapons.
- Beautifully rendered environments, towers and enemies.
- Endurance mode to challenge the most hardened of players.
- Compete with players worldwide with the online high score system. View and compare scores seamlessly with the in-game score browser.
The game has been well received by our forum members and the developer has been an active participant. Origin8 reveals that a Lite version is currently pending and they are also working on an update to the full version.
App Store Link: Sentinel, $4.99