I confess to not personally being much of a pool or "cue sports" fan. And being a Yank, I've had rather little exposure to the game of snooker. But I've spent time with various desktop and mobile cue sports titles, and Big Head Games' touchscreen-based iPhone offering is, to me, a rather satisfying and sufficiently realistic mobile translation of a real world sport.
- Single and two player quick games
- Tournament mode with 8 rounds against the world's best, competing for a place on the podium and the coveted IS Gold Cup.
- Super smooth and intuitive camera and cue control.
- Accurate power control, not 'swipe and hope'.
- Realistic ball physics including top, back and side spin.
- Play your own music or listen to the high quality sound fx and theme tune.
- Ball path guide lines including object and cue ball paths enhance gameplay over it's rivals.
- Difficulty settings that truly make a difference.
Stats page holds wins, losses, cup wins and highest breaks.
- Made for iPhone (not a port)
- Full Rules and Instructions
See the developer's gameplay video for a closer look.
Cue game fans--especially those on the other side of the pond--may do well to have a look at $4.99 International Snooker. It's a solid iPhone sports title.
App Store Link: International Snooker, $4.99