Neptune Entertainment has released their version of a Tower Defense game called 7 Cities TD [App Store]. Now, before you lose interest, this one is worth a look. Features listed by the developer:
- 7 unique hand-drawn maps ranging in difficulty and design
- 2 game modes: Campaign and Survival
- 7 towers: each with an unique look and abilities
- Upgrade your towers and level them up
- 12 individual tower skills that can be unlocked and acquired as towers gain experience and reach higher levels
- A wide variety of enemies: from small scout ships to gigantic creatures of the deep seas
- High-quality 2D graphics, animations, fully dynamic particle systems featuring fire, smoke, ice, and fireworks!
- Original music and sound effects (or you can listen to your own iPod music while playing)
- Camera pan & zoom
- Save & load any time
- Online high score submission & ranking
Some early reaction for our forum users have been very positive. damballah wrote:
Very polished, nice looking. Deep as hell, by far the deepest TD game on the App Store. Towers level, and you can upgrade them with more damage and even special abilities.
So far amazing, I'm def leaning towards calling it hands down the best TD on the app store, will play a lot more.
This brief gameplay video provides a quick look:
App Store Link: 7 Cities TD, $4.99