In March, Int13, a French mobile game developer, posted a preview video of their upcoming Crazy Kart 2 racing game for the iPhone. The Youtube video shows off their early efforts in porting to the iPhone with the official SDK. The final version of the game is due for a July release with the following features:
- 320 * 320 pixels playing area
- Touch controls with a virtual steering wheel
- 3 vehicle classes (karts, motorbikes, hovercrafts)
- 6 characters with different vehicles
- Downloadable content (new vehicles, new tracks)
- Wifi online multiplayer with match making and up to four simultaneous players
The developer states that the game runs at 60 frames per second and that they have plans for a full 3D accelerated sequel to the game in the future.